Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What a difference a baby makes!

Last night, JP and I had the pleasure of babysitting two of our nephews while my sister-in-law and brother-in-law went to a concert. The concert didn't start until sometime after 10:30, and they ended up not getting back to their house until sometime after 1 am.

Now, seven weeks ago, before Miss Lily turned us into early birds, staying up late was so not a big deal. JP worked nights, and I just was a night owl. When I was pregnant, Lily was a night owl, too, always kicking me and punching me the later it got. Not so much now...now she falls asleep around 10:00 and wakes up once around 2 or 3 to eat, and then falls back to sleep until about 8.

Fast forward to 1 am last night. Both JP and I were so tired, we ended up crashing at Joan's until this morning! Neither one of us could muster the energy to drive home! And today, all we've done is sleep...including Lily! We got home this morning and ate breakfast, then took a nap. Auntie Dodie came to visit Lily, and as soon as she left, we all 3 fell asleep again until almost 7! As I'm typing, Lily is asleep again and I'm soon to be!

It never ceases to amaze me how something so tiny has changed our lives so much!

Another...since JP and I have both been on maternity/paternity leave, we've been getting up early every day. We've been getting things done around the house, and we've been able to eat dinner at the kitchen table almost every night for the first time in pretty much ever. JP has decided to go to day shift, so he'll be home every night with us. I really love that. I love that he'll be home for dinner, playtime and bath time every night! I know he'll miss his shift because he's been with them for 7 years, but luckily he'll still have the same days off, so we'll still get to see everyone. It's cool how much of a family they all are!

I knew that Lily would change our lives immensely, and so far, she has in just the six short weeks she's been here. I wouldn't change those changes for the world!

1 comment:

  1. We are right there with you! Bed time for us is 8pm...! But I wouldn't change it for the world!

    ReplyDelete