Sunday, February 27, 2011

So I'm a follower...You wanna make something of it?!

I decided after reading a few of my wonderful friends' first 30 day blog challenge entries, that I really should try it myself. I was pretty regularly blogging, and planned to as a way to let everyone know about Lily, our family, and just the general goings-on of my (our) life (lives). Well, looking back at my last entry, I did really pathetic. FOUR total...the last update was when Lily was just under 2 months old. Wow. What a blogger I am!!

So anyway, I've decided to be a follower and try to accomplish this 30 day blog challenge. Maybe someone will read it...maybe no one will read it. I don't really mind either way, but I really would like to look back next year and see more than four updates.

I think what I'm supposed to do first is give you some kind of awesome, intriguing reason why I picked the name I did for my blog.

When I started this blog, last year, Lily was only a few weeks old. I wanted to do something, other than Facebook status updates, where I could ramble on incessantly about her, JP, myself, and whatever else popped into my brain. Given that I was a zombie for the first few months of Lily's life, because mine became nothing more than one long day with some naps, diaper changes, and feedings in between, my brain was mush. My thoughts were jumbled, and I figured nothing I wrote would make a bit of sense (reading over those entries, I'm actually surprised at how much sense they make). My excuse for rambling, jumbled entries was going to be that I had "Mommy Brain", hence, Inside the Mommy's Brain was born.

I'm noticing writing this, that my thoughts are still jumbled, and I'm still worried nothing will make sense...so maybe the title is more fitting than I thought, and maybe it's the later stages of baby-dom that really bring out the "Mommy Brain".

Well, here goes nothing, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment