Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Believeeeeee

After yesterday's heavy topic, I'm really glad that today is much lighter fare for my loyal readers (however many or few that may be at this point). If you're not tired of my ramblings yet, thank you for sticking with me.
Today is Day 11: What I Believe In.
1. I believe I'm doing much better with this challenge. I've blogged 3 days in a row now, and I really think there's a distinct possibility I may finish the 30 day challenge in less than the 5802893 days I thought it would take me.
2. I believe that Wal-Mart is the East Nashville of grocery stores, and Publix is the Brentwood of grocery stores. I believe that I'm becoming a Publix snob, but as long as I can keep getting deals like 2 1.3lb containers of Similac Grow-N-Go 9-36 months formula for a total of $3.02 instead of $18.99 a piece, I'm ok with that snobbiness of my ways.
3. I believe in God, and faith. Faith is the belief in things unseen, right? I think that takes on a new meaning now that I'm a mother. I had blind faith in God that everything was going well with Lily while she was in my belly. I couldn't see her. I didn't know how she was developing. I only had my faith and a few ultrasound pictures to assure me for 9 months, she was fine. I also believe that she is a miracle-- from her conception on, she has been a gift from God.
4. I believe that sometimes, the best cure for a bad day is a trip to Sonic for ice cream. Other times, the best cure for a bad day is a stiff drink. And then sometimes, it's coming home to JP and Lily, who are always happy to see me.
5. I believe I was much smarter before I got pregnant, but Lily ate a lot of my brain cells. Things I used to be good at, like spelling, for instance, I now struggle with more often than not. I'm also more forgetful when it comes to silly things. For instance, I'll spend half the morning making a grocery list and leave it at home. I believe that this is why Lily is so smart...she has a lot of my good brain cells and won't give them back.
6. That being said, I believe that I'm smarter, more determined, and tougher than I give myself credit for.
7. I believe that we will be able to meet our goal of getting out of debt this year, except for our house. I believe I'll probably faint, cry, hyperventilate, scream, and cheer when I send the last payment on the last bill. Maybe I'll just call Dave Ramsey and yell on his radio show instead.
8. I believe that I am getting closer and closer to having a mini-breakdown over Lily turning 1, the more I do to plan her party. I cannot believe my baby girl is almost 1! It feels like it shouldn't be here already. Next thing you know she'll be in school, then driving, the graduating...oh...here it comes...
9. I believe that dogs are better than cats, broccoli is the best vegetable, chocolate is a cure for any ailment, that I have the best family and friends in the world, and nothing beats spending a quiet night at home watching Lily play and learn.
10. I believe that I still have a lot of learning, growing, and developing to do as a mother, wife, and friend, as well as in my faith. I believe that once you think you're done doing all of these things, life isn't worth living anymore. There is always room for growth and change, as long as it involves becoming a better, more honest, and more moral person.

No comments:

Post a Comment