Monday, March 28, 2011

Yesterday was annoying!

Yesterday was a terrible, no good, very bad, awful, icky, yucky, blah, "I-wish-I-could-go-back-to-bed-and-sleep-til-tomorrow" type of day. Nothing really, really bad happened, just a bunch of little crappy things that all together formed one big finger that pressed my big red "Do Not Push" button. Because I was little Miss Negativity yesterday, I have re-evaluated my day and tried to come up with something positive or some lessons I learned. Here's what I've got.
1. An 8oz bottle of formula, when spilled in it's entirety across your bed in the middle of the night, looks more like a gallon. It also requires the memory foam mattress pad and sheet to be removed because if you cover it with towels to soak up the milk instead of change the bed, it feels much like a Princess & the Pea situation. I thought Lily and I were going to roll off the bed because it felt like we were sleeping on a mountain side. To make this positive, JP had been talking about removing the mattress pad anyway, and it was just about time to strip the bed and wash the sheets anyway. Both problems, solved. Thank you, Similac formula and leaky Avent bottle.
2. Fuel injector cleaner really does work and make a difference when put in your gas tank; however, the "Easy open pull tab" is not easy open. This will splatter on your wool coat, making it (and you) smell like a garage. At least my car runs beautifully, and at 130,000 miles, this is VERY good.
3. I never carry an umbrella. One day, while out wandering through Wal-Mart, I happened upon a very compact, zebra print umbrella. I bought it, and have been quite proud of myself ever since because now, I always have an umbrella with me. Well, now that it's rained and I've used said umbrella, who's approximate circumference will only cover the width of a small child, not a fluffy (read: full figured) adult, I'm no longer proud of myself for my purchase. Maybe when I lose weight and don't have body parts sticking out all over the place from underneath the umbrella, I'll like it more. On the upside, my glasses didn't get wet, which is one of my very biggest pet peeves.
In honor of my no good, very bad, terrible awful day full of annoyances, I am going to tell you about my top annoyances. But first, here are a few other things.
Lily's word of the day is actually more like a few phrases. She now knows the first 4 letters of her ABC's, and can tell you what noise a cow, sheep, and chicken make. Her "baaaaa" sounds more like some kind of creepy machine gun alien voice, but it's cute nonetheless. She has also learned that she can stand up in the seat of a cart (much to my dismay, my child IS a daredevil with no fear of anything), and now does this little cheesy grin and wave to people when we're out in public. I bought her a pair of pink bunny ears at Target yesterday, and she wore them, grinned, and waved at people through the rest of the store.
Tonight, I'm doing the "fit test" portion of Insanity. Should I survive this, I will give you an update on how I faired. I have a friend who's lost close to 15lbs in about 4 weeks on the Insanity program, so I'm hoping I have similar results. I'm really hoping I don't throw up, pass out, or let this workout kill me. It would be very detrimental to my already faltering self esteem.
I told you the other day about the Nesting book I read. I've now started a new book, "Sliding Into Home" by Kendra Wilkinson (yes, that Kendra...from Girls Next Door). I just started it today and I'm nearly finished. It's her autobiography, and it's awesome. I had no idea a lot of things that she'd gone through in her life. If you don't mind bad language (the book is written exactly how she talks on the show, but without the bleeps), it's a quick, fun read.
And now, the topic du jour. We'll call this "Day 17..18..20? Things That Drive Me Crazy".
1. When people use big words incorrectly or misspell them, that annoys me. Pseudonym is pronounced Soo-dough-nim, not swayde-oh-nim. If you can't say it correctly, don't say it.
2. When people turn their turn signals on 230849023984 miles before their turn, so you get used to driving behind them with the signal flashing, and then they turn sharply...that annoys me.
3. Laundry annoys me. Why is it NEVER ever done? I can do 300 loads of clothes and at the end of the day, the clothes we all have on are dirty and need to be washed.
4. You all already know my annoyance when it comes to leggings, so I won't go into it again. One thing worth repeating: There are certain items of clothing that should not be worn once a person reaches a certain clothing size. These include: bikinis (not 2 pieces...bikinis...you know the things with the little triangles and strings), daisy duke shorts, and leggings, and this size is anything over about a size 4, unless you're in great physical shape.
5. When people question the obvious, it annoys me. If I'm sitting indoors, wearing a coat, why ask me "Are you cold?" Worst than questioning the obvious, is pointing out the obvious. If I'm shaking off a wet umbrella, I don't need you to tell me "It's raining outside." I'm aware, thank you. I'd much rather be told things I don't know, such as "There is a giant attack spider poised to jump on your head" or "I know a secret phone number to Wal-Mart that will get you to someone who will not only turn the air conditioning off when it's cold, but will also get someone to actually maintain a clean restroom."
6. Dirty glasses, wet glasses, or anything other than pristine, clear glasses, annoy me. I'm nearsighted so I have a hard time seeing anything that's not right up in my face. As a result, even the slightest smudge on my glasses is ridiculously visible and annoying. One of JP's favorite past times is licking his fingers then rub my glasses with them. One of these days, I'm going to knock him out if I can ever get my glasses cleaned quick enough to see where he runs off to.
7. When people ask when JP and I are having another baby, that annoys me. We'll have another baby when we feel like it. Right now we're enjoying and spoiling Lily, and Lily is our sole focus. We like it that way.
8. Probably one of my biggest annoyances is when people treat me or talk to me like I'm less intelligent than them. I hate being made to feel like I am stupid, because I'm not. There are definitely ways to speak to people and ways not to. I also don't like being made to feel like I am less of a person or less quality of a person. We are all people, and none of us are perfect and flawless, so don't look down your nose at me.
That's all I'll list for now. Those are my biggest, ugliest pet peeves. I think I'm going to have to follow this with a second post about things that make me happy. There are many, many more of those than things that annoy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment