Thursday, March 10, 2011

A little break from the blog-a-thon

At the rate I'm currently writing these blogs, a 30 day blog a thon is going to take me somewhere between 60 and 90 days to complete, as I'm managing one every two or three days. I need to step it up, huh?

Today is supposed to be "Day 7: Movies I Love". Maybe I'll write that one later. But, right now, I have a different blog to complete. Meredith over at The Woman With You, has tagged me in a fun little post and I'm going to complete it, instead.


1. What's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you?

I try not to let things embarrass me. Really. I know, I know, you're not believing it, but it's actually true. I will laugh my butt off at myself for doing something dumb right along with everyone else. BUT, that being said, I do have a moment that when I did start laughing, I was still wishing I'd melted into the ground. It was my freshman year, at Cumberland, and I was sitting with a few of my friends on the patio outside of the C-Store. I don't know if they're still there or not, but they had a bunch of metal tables and metal chairs. It was a beautiful warm day and since I was still skinny and cute, I had on a short white skirt and a tank top. Because of the white skirt, my underthings were...ahem...small, to say the least. So, I'm sitting there having some conversation, and I was leaning back in the chair, so it was up on 2 legs. I had my feet hooked under the bottom of the table to hold myself in place. Well, you know how in grade school when you did that, the teacher always told you not to because you'd fall? Yea. I leaned back too far and the chair just kept going....and guess who ended up showing her thong to everyone at the C-Store? Yep. Me. The worst part is that, since the chair and the table were metal and I fell pretty hard, I had these AWFUL bruises on the backs of my legs as well as on my ankles for probably 3 weeks afterwards, so it was a constant reminder. And, yes, the C-Store patio was pretty full that day with guys and girls...Ugh, I shudder just thinking about it.

2. Favorite holiday and why?

I really like Thanksgiving. There isn't any pressure on anyone to do a ton of special stuff. We go to JP's sister's house with his whole family and then we go to my parent's house with them. At JP's sister's, everyone comes over-- extended family and immediate. There's a lot of talking and laughing and having fun. Everyone brings their own dish, too, so there is a TON of food, and it's out of this world. At my parent's house, since it's just them, JP, me, and Lily, my mom cooks. She always ends up making a spread like we're having 100 people over, but then we get to enjoy left overs for a week. Also at my parent's, my mom makes crescent rolls, and each person writes on a tiny slip of paper something they're thankful for, and my mom bakes them in the rolls. Everytime you eat a roll, you have to read the slip of paper inside and then we talk about it. It's really neat.

3.What's the weirdest thing you think you eat?

I don't think I eat anything weird, but I'm sure some people would think that the Vietnamese food JP's mom cooks for us is weird. But, nay, I say it's delicious. :D

4. Favorite brand of makeup?

I don't have a favorite brand. I really don't have a problem with any brands, so I use different things from different brands. Usually, my favorite brand is whatever I have the best coupons for or can get the cheapest!

5. If you had to choose a color of a crayon to be out of the color box, which would be you...and why?

I think I'd be purple. It's a color everyone uses, but it's not the first one everyone grabs, so I wouldn't get used up or broken really quickly but I would get loved and used in pictures.


6. Favorite hobby?

It's funny that this question is on here, because JP and I were just talking about this last night. Aside from the obvious, which is spending time with him and Lily, I really don't have any hobbies anymore. I love to read, and do that when I can, and I love to draw and paint, and do that when I can, but I don't have anything I just do to relieve stress or have me time...yet. I'm in the process of planning a great vegetable and fruit garden that I'm going to do this spring/summer, and then my friends Shelley and Jennifer are going to teach me to can the stuff that comes from it. Shelley makes jam and salsa, so that will be tasty! Also, I think I'm going to try to teach myself to make hair ribbons for Lily (and other girl babies), sew pillowcase dresses (also for Lily and other girl babies) and quilt. I guess I need to be asked this question again at the end of this year.

7. Biggest Fear?

There is a whole blog in the 30 days of blogging that is dedicated to this, so I won't get into it here completely. That being said, I have 2 biggest fears. One is being taken away from my family and not being able to be there for them and watch them grow (for whatever reason: death, etc). The other is failing them in some way.


8. Best present you have ever received?

Lily is the best present I've ever received. I know that is cliche, but she is truly a gift. I was on the pill, and was never supposed to get pregnant with her when I did. Also, she was delivered at 36 weeks because of some fetal health issues, and our doctor said every day we would've waited after the day she delivered Lily, was a day closer to having a stillborn baby. It was very serious. Then, we went through everything with her eye, and all the tests to rule out cancer and tumors. She is a miracle and a gift from God and I'm so blessed to have her in my life.

I guess the best physical, tear the wrapping paper off of it and scream in delight, present is my black and white diamond turtle necklace. If you've seen me since Christmas 2009, you've seen this necklace. JP sold our 4 wheeler that fall, and had just kind of squirreled the money away. We used some of it to remodel the living room and some of it for other things and he was going to use the rest to buy some stuff for him-- guns, whatever. I had mentioned probably six months before Christmas that I had seen this diamond turtle necklace and thought it was so beautiful, but it was kind of expensive and I couldn't see myself buying it. Well, that was the last Christmas we had just the two of us, and he decided he wanted to make it special for me, so he went all over looking for that necklace. I was shocked, to say the least, when I opened that gift, and I've worn it, literally every day, since.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Amy, I am laughing so hard at your embarrassing moment! Haha. I'm sorry, but I can just picture you falling backwards...bahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently the C-store is no longer there cause I have no idea what that is..but I'm with Meredith. That is hilarious. I did a lot of embarrassing stuff at Cumberland myself!

    ReplyDelete