Friday, March 18, 2011

Jeggings are the worst fashion trend since mullets.

Today I'm feeling random, so I'm not going to do today's topic. It's supposed to be a picture that makes me smile but I haven't got that picture scanned onto my computer so it would be kind of hard for me to post it. And since getting the picture out, scanning it and so forth is a little bit of work, I'll save it for another day. One of the other topics I could've picked was "My Favorite Places to Eat". I am trying to eat healthy and lose weight so the only fat girl I have is my inner fat girl (not inner AND outer, as the current case is) so I'm skipping that topic all together. We need not angry the inner fat girl while the outer one is weak and easily succumbs. My inner child loves food, is highly imaginative, and a complete bully. If she says "Eat a Frosty", she backhands the outer me into submission. Then from somewhere in a corner, the outer me whimpers "But now we'll have to go the gym for an extra hour...and we haven't been at all this week...."
Today, I'm going to write about whatever pops into my head, so it's likely there will be little rhyme or reason to the subject matter.
1. I wish that diet chocolate tasted like regular chocolate. The chocolate in Slim Fast, energy bars, meal replacement bars and protein shakes IS NOT THE SAME as a regular old Hershey bar. It's really unfair to those of us trying to eat better that have a weakness for chocolate. Better yet, where can I find chocolate with 0 calories and fat? I'm guessing that's what will be on my dinner table in heaven.
2. The way that God brings people together is really random, yet at the same time, really cool. I have 2 mutual friends come to my Thirty-One Party a few weeks ago. I had no idea that they knew one another from a bible study group. One of the friends had something going on in her life and I just wasn't sure of the right thing to say or do to make her feel better. I prayed about it and then read something the other friend wrote a few days later. She had gone through the exact same thing. I was able to direct one to the other to talk about their situations, and I really think that everything about this situation had God's hands all over it.
3. My mom keeps Lily for me and I am eternally grateful for that. However, I wish that, sometimes, my mom would acknowledge that I am the primary caregiver and, after 11 and a half months of having Lily, I have a pretty good handle on things. Each day when I leave the house from picking her up, my mom says "She will probably need her diaper changed later." or "She will probably want a bottle before bed." Not, "I just changed her diaper a few minutes ago" (so I'll know not to as soon as I get home) or "She ate at 6:30" (so I'll have an idea of when she's hungry again). No, just general care instructions, like I'm going to forget or just randomly decide to let her starve one day. Sometimes, just to be snarky, I will say things like "Nope, she's not getting fed until I bring her back here tomorrow" or "You expect me to actually change a diaper? What do I look like? Her mom?!"
4. Wal-Mart sells everything, so why don't they have a magic fat melting pill? I know, I know, nothing worth it comes easily, so I just need to suck it up and get to the gym. I think JP and I are going to try the Insanity work out, by the people that make P90X. It's a 60 day plan that's supposed to be really challenging but with rocking results. I think I'll get more in the working out state of mind once I start seeing a difference. It's the first part that is always a challenge for me, when I work and work and work and don't have anything to show for it yet.
5. Today was one of those days when I went out on my lunch break, I found myself thinking of about 100 excuses to get me out of going back inside, but, alas, my grown up, responsible side knocked my irresponsible, sunshine loving side in the nose and said "Hey buddy, get back to work!" It also helps that I'm off tomorrow, and tomorrow is one of my favorite little people's 2nd birthday party! Happy Birthday Timothy!
6. I would like to point out that it's 80* here today. I sent Lily to my mom's dressed in a pink Polo dress, bloomers, and sandals. I sent a light weight denim jacket, too, just in case it rained or something crazy. At lunch when I called to check on her, my grandmother informed me that she didn't think I dressed Lily warm enough, and she is clearly cold. Lily has JP's naturally warm body temperature, so I can assure you all out there in the internet, that the LAST thing she is today is cold. Teething, tired, hungry, missing Mommy & Daddy, ready to walk...yes to all of the above. Cold? Decidedly not.
7. Now, let's discuss "jeggings". Those are, if you're not familiar, denim leggings. My first opinion on leggings is, unless you're over the age of about 6 or are at least 5 foot 7 inches tall or are in fantastic physical shape, you should not, ever, under ANY circumstances whatsoever, wear leggings UNLESS you are wearing them under a dress or something really long for warmth. My second opinion on leggings is that they should never come in jean form. So far, the only wearers of jeggings I have seen have been entirely too large to wear anything so tight, and have had on shirts that don't cover anything. If you jiggle...anywhere...LEAVE the leggings at home. Case in point: I jiggle. As a result: I don't wear leggings. This is to save the eyes of everyone around me because I know that there are some things that cannot be unseen, even when you rinse your eyes out with bleach.
8. I just realized I've mentioned different "sides" of me at least twice in this blog. I'm a Gemini and we have what is known as "duplicity". This means I can totally get away with having an inner child and an outer grown up, as well as loving clean sheets but hating doing laundry, loving spaghetti but hating tomatoes, and several other parallel things that make no sense. I can also simultaneously love my outfit but hate the way I look. Yes, I'm aware it makes no sense, but I can't help it and probably wouldn't change it if I could.
9. I just recently bought a purse, and had it monogrammed with my initials. My initials are AMT, but in monogram form it is ATM. I can't begin to tell you how many times in the last 2 weeks the fact that A. Work at a bank and B. My monogram is "ATM" have been pointed out to me. When I am famous, and make it onto a trivial pursuit question card or end up as a question on an episode of Jeopardy, this will probably be the question, so take note.
10. I need more hobbies. Like, actual, productive, rewarding hobbies. Though Farmville relaxes me before bed, it's hardly what I would call a rewarding hobby. Maybe couponing could be considered a hobby, but it's more of a job since I do it to save money for my family. I need something else. I'm planning on doing a garden, but it's going to be vegetables and fruit, again, for my family and to save money, so is that a hobby? I thought about learning to sew and make hairbows, and so far those 2 are the only 2 that I keep coming back to. Lily can always use clothes and hairbows, right? And I know some wonderful people that have either recently had, or are going to have baby girls. They could always use clothes right? Maybe one day I'll get really good and can sell them on Etsy or something. Until then, Lily and all the other little lovelies I know will get to benefit.
So, after all that, if you're still with me and your head hasn't exploded, thanks. There will be more stuff, and less randomness, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment