Monday, March 28, 2011

I didn't die doing Day 1 of Insanity....

As promised, I'm bringing you a blog about things that make me happy. Happy is much better than annoyed, and I have to keep up my "Sunshine and Rainbows" positive persona. When you approach life positively, you feel better about the outcome of anything life throws at you, anyway, so we can all use a good dose of it every now and again. There is no easier way to improve your mood and help you feel better about yourself and your situation, than to make a list of things that make you happy. Not things that you think would make you happy (A mansion! A million dollars! A Remington 700! --that's for JP--etc, etc, etc) but things that you already have in your life that make you happy.
There's a little kid's saying that is appropriate for this kind of thing: "We get what we get, and we don't fuss a bit." I say this is appropriate because life doesn't just hand you a golden ticket. Sometimes, life hands you lemons (to that, I say add vodka and throw a party), and sometimes, life takes a big poo and you step in it while wearing your favorite shoes (to that, I say, weren't you wanting new shoes anyway?). No matter what life hands you...what curve ball gets hit into the left field of your existence...it's important to take stock of the good, and wonderful things you have and what makes you happy.
So here is a list of mine.
1. Chocolate makes me happy. I know, there is a chemical compound in chocolate that makes a person feel that way, but I'm still listing it. Chocolate would thrill me if it were fat free and still tasted good, and I would be nearly to the point of spontaneous combustion due to happiness if chocolate were fat free, tasted good, and melted away unsightly fat.
2. Lily's voice makes me happy. It's just the cutest sound in the world. I can't explain it. Her laugh is contagious and makes me so happy to hear. I love hearing her talk and laugh. I guess, what really makes me happy is that she is happy.
3. Reading a good book...actually...reading mostly any book, makes me happy. I like how quickly the time passes when I get engrossed in a book. I like learning new things by reading, and I like the enjoyment reading a trashy book brings. It makes me happy to be into books enough to read pretty much anything anyone puts in my hands.
4. Pink stuff makes me happy. I thought by the time Lily actually got here, I'd hate pink because it exploded in a way I never thought possible in my house during my pregnancy. But in actuality, quite the opposite has happened. I LOVE the color pink, both for Lily and for myself and my stuff.
5. Getting something I want on a really good sale makes me happy. Getting it on a really good sale AND being able to use coupons with it? Even better.
6. My car makes me happy. No, not the Impala that I always complain about (though, in all actuality, once we fix the cosmetic problems and get it tuned up, I won't dislike it nearly as much), but my Ford Escape. I have had it for 9 years and 130,000 miles. It's been my car longer than JP's been my husband (or even my boyfriend, for that matter). When we finally do get rid of it, I'll cry.
7. JP makes me happy. Duh. I know you all know this. So, something specifically that he does that makes me happy is when I'm having a bad day or not feeling so awesome, he acts extra goofy just to make me smile.
8. Bath time makes me happy. Lily is a little wild monkey, and when you put her in the water, she becomes a little wild monkey fish. She splashes so much water, that I might as well be in the tub myself. Some people would get mad at having to change clothes and sop water up off of the floor in the bathroom every night, but she has so much fun, I can't be mad. If she even hears the water running in the tub, the look of sheer joy in her eyes is the best thing in the world. She could flood the bathroom (and probably will, one day) and I'll still be happy.
9. Don't anyone tell my husband, but it makes me happy that he is so into the whole survivalist thing. I mean, it does drive me crazy that he goes on and on and on about buying guns and ammo and making me & Lily go bags and how we need to stock up on food, water and supplies, but deep down I know he is crazy over it because of how much he cares for us and wants to protect us, should something bad ever happen. THAT is what makes me happy, to know that he cares that deeply, because other people aren't as fortunate to have a person like that in their lives.
10. My sense of humor makes me happy. I can take a joke, and I can laugh at myself. I have a self-deprecating sense of humor and I'm the first to poke fun at myself. I never used to think I was funny, but as I get older, either I'm getting funnier or I have recognized I'm a little witty from time to time. Either way, I think I'm pretty down to earth, and I like that about myself.
I don't know about you all, but I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment