Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 7: Get out the popcorn...it's movie time!

Wow, I am SO far behind. Meredith and Courtney are somewhere around Day 13, and here I am on Day 7. Oh boy.

Anyway, without further adieu, I present to you: "Day 7: My favorite movies"

One of the first things JP and I realized we had in common was our love of movies. One of the first things we realized we didn't have in common (at the time, at least) was which movies we loved. Together, I'm fairly certain we've seen every major movie ever made from 1970-present. Some that he loves (Maximum Overdrive, Tron, Grandma's Boys...), I can't stand, and some that I could watch a lot (Hitman, Drop Dead Gorgeous, The Bone Collector), he can't stand. Then there are the ones we agree on (Star Wars, The Hangover, I Love You Man, Garden State) that we both love. Our first date was to see Garden State. Back to the point I am trying to make...writing about my favorite movies is going to be difficult. Where to start? Which few to pick? Decisions, decisions. Have I mentioned I'm a Gemini? Indecisiveness is my forte! Here are a few of my top favorites. I'll divide them up into category (and one you won't see is a "chick flick" category. Drop Dead Gorgeous- a mockumentary about beauty pageants-- is as "chick flick" as I get).

Cartoons:

Up, Toy Story, and Coraline

Comedy:

The Hangover, I Love You Man, Shaun of the Dead

Horror:

Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon, The Crazies, and any zombie movies

Action:

Iron-Man, any of the Transporter movies (Jason Statham=Swoon)

Other:

Garden State, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Empire Records, Inception

Keep in mind, this is a small sampling of my favorites...there are probably hundreds more I could list...which is why I hope there's not a music blog coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment